Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I Think You've Got Your Playlists Mixed Up

I spun a few 45s at The Independent in Union Square last Thursday night, filling in for the irreplaceable John Funke:

From my relatively modest, definitely messy collection of 45s:

First set
Faye Adams / It Hurts Me to My Heart / Warwick
Gene Chandler / Soul Hootenanny, Part 2 / Constellation
Earl Gaines / Soul Children / Seventy-Seven
The Beginning of the End / Funky Nassau, Part 2/ Alston
Brenda & the Tabulations / Scuse Uz Y'all / Top and Bottom
Gladys Knight & the Pips / You Need Love Like I Do (Don't You) / Soul
Tom Jones / Once Upon a Time / Parrot
Eddie Holman / I Surrender / ABC
Brenton Wood / I Think You've Got Your Fools Mixed Up / Double Shot
Walter Jackson / Words / Chi-Sound
Jr Walker & the All Stars / Clinging to the Thought That She's Coming Back / Soul
Major Lance / The Monkey Time / Okeh
Bobby Darin / Melodie / Motown
Brenda Jo Harris / Play with Fire/ Roulette
The Artistics / Girl, I Need You / Brunswick
Barbara Lynn / I'm a One Man Woman / Atlantic
Little Milton / Friend of Mine / Glades
Brenda Holloway / Land of a Thousand Dances / Tamla

Set Two
Keith / Tell Me to My Face / Mercury
The Uniques / Fast Way of Living / Paula
Tommy Boyce & Bobby Hart / Out & About / A&M
The Fortunes / I've Gotta Go / Press Records
The Shocking Blue / Hot Sand / Colossus
Kyu Sakamoto / Sukiyaki / Capitol
Ruby & the Romantics / Young Wings Can Fly / Kapp
Small Faces / Itchycoo Park / Immediate
Willie Tee / Walking Up a One Way Street / Atlantic
Bettye Swann / Make Me Yours / Money
Gladys Knight & the Pips / On and On / Buddah