Friday, May 19, 2017

Shoot the Playlist to Me Cupid

I've got a secret: these are two of my favorite guys!

Coffeetime, May 19, 2017, Angelynn Grant

set 1
John Coltrane / Black Pearls / Lover Come Back to Me / Prestige / 5.23.58
John Coltrane / Soultrane / You Say You Care / Prestige / 2.7.58
Oran “Hot Lips” Page & his Band / Gone with the Gin / Decca / 1.23.40
The Coon-Sanders Nighthawks / Rhythm King / Victor / Chicago 12.12.28 / vocal = Joe Sanders
LaVern Baker / How Can You Leave A Man Like This? / Atlantic / 6.19.53
Ann Cole / Darling Don’t Hurt Me / Baton / 1955 / with Dave McRae Orchestra

bed
Bucky Pizzarelli / Flashes – Solo 7-String Guitar, Volume 3 / Arbors Jazz / 2004

set 2
Red Garland / Solar / The Very Thought of You / Jazzland / 1.30.62
Art Pepper / Intensity / Come Rain or Come Shine / Contemporary / LA 11.23, 25.60
Charlie Barnet / More Charlie Barnet / Goodbye / Everest / 9.3.58
Mills Blue Rhythm Boys / Ev’ry Time I Look at You / Brunswick / 7.30.31
Clyde Hart’s Hot Seven / Shoot the Arrow to Me Cupid / Savoy / 12.19.44 / vocal = Joe Gregory
June Christy / Something Cool / I’ll Take Romance / Capitol / Hollywood 1953 / with Pete Rugolo & his Orchestra
The Barry Sisters / At Home with the Barry Sisters / Eishes-Chiyell [A Woman of Value] / Roulette / 1960 / with Abe Einstein Orchestra

set 3
George Barnes / Guitars Galore / Liza (All the Clouds’ll Roll Away) / Mercury / LA 1961
Conte Candoli / Little Band Big Jazz / Mambo Diane / Crown / Hollywood 2.3.60
Don Byas & Slam Stewart / I Got Rhythm / Commodore / 6.9.45
Rosemary Clooney & Tony Pastor / I’m Sorry I Didn’t Say I’m Sorry (When I Made You Cry Last Night) / Columbia / 6.5.47 / with Tony Pastor & his Orchestra
Four Tunes / I'm the Guy / RCA Victor / 6.49
Yves Montand / Montand Chante Prévert / Barbara / Philips / Paris 1962

set 4
Paul Desmond / Desmond Blue / Desmond Blue / RCA Victor / 10.2.61
Jack Sheldon / Jazz West Coast, Vol 2 / It’s Only a Paper Moon / Pacific Jazz / LA 11.18.55
King Cole Trio / On the Sunny Side of the Street / MacGregor transcription / Hollywood 11.21.44 / vocal = The Barrie Sisters
Little Milton / I’m Gonna Move to the Outskirts of Town / Checker / Chicago 1965
Frank Gorshin / Jimmy [Original Broadway Cast Recording] / Life Is a One Way Street / RCA Victor / 1969
Golden Gate Quartet / Born Ten Thousand Years Ago / Bluebird / Charlotte, NC 8.4.37

last soulful song
Fantastic Four / As Long as I Live (I Live for You) / Ric-Tic / 1967