Friday, April 20, 2018

I Guess I’ll Hang My Playlist Out to Dry

Don't be discouraged.
Coffeetime, April 20, 2018, Angelynn Grant

set 1
Wayne Shorter / Introducing Wayne Shorter / Black Diamond / Vee Jay / 9.9.59
Horace Silver / The Stylings of Silver / No Smokin’ / Blue Note / 5.8.57
Benny Carter & his Orchestra / Lonesome Nights / Okeh / 10.16.33
Jean Goldkette & his Orchestra / Sunny Disposish / Victor / 2.3.27 / vocal = The Revelers (Lewis James, Charles Harrison, Elliott Shaw, Wilfred Glenn)
Mabel Scott / Baseball Boogie / King / Cincinnati 3.25.50
Sarah Vaughan / Sarah Sings Soulfully / I Guess I’ll Hang My Tears Out to Dryo / Roulette / 1963

bed
Bucky Pizzarelli / Flashes - Solo 7-String Guitar, Volume 3 / Arbors Jazz / 2004

set 2
Cannonball Adderley / Takes Charge / I Guess I’ll Hang My Tears Out to Dry / Riverside / 4.12.59
Donald Byrd / Royal Flush / I’m a Fool to Want You / Blue Note / 9.21.61
Benny Goodman & his Orchestra / Solitude / Columbia / 9.11.34
King Bennie Nawahi / My Girl from the South Sea Isles / Columbia / 1928
Baby Rose Marie & his Orchestra (The Seven Year Old Radio Star) / Take a Picture of the Moon / Victor / 3.10.32
Annisteen Allen & her Home Town Boys / I Want a Man (Who’s Gonna Do Right) / Queen / 12.20.45
Tom Jones / Live in Las Vegas / Help Yourself / Parrot / Las Vegas 1969

set 3
John Wright / Mr. Soul / Blue Prelude / Prestige / 4.10.62
Tony Aless / Tony Aless and His Long Island Suite / Aqueduct / Roost / 7.55
Charlie Parker / Charlie Parker Plays Cole Porter / I Get a Kick Out of You / Verve / 3.31.54
Melody Masters / Fox and the Crow / Apollo / 1948
Ella Mae Morse / Rip Van Winkle / Capitol / Hollywood 9.25.45
Anthony Newley / Love Is a Now & Then Thing / The Thrill Is Gone / London [Decca] / 1960 (his debut LP)

set 4
Stu Williamson / Jazz Swings Broadway / Independent / World Pacific/Pacific Jazz / Hollywood 8.12.57
Buddy Collette / Calm, Cool, & Collette / Three and One / ABC-Paramount / LA 1.24.57
Arthur “Guitar Boogie” Smith’s Sensational Trio (Formerly Rambler Trio) / No O’Clock Jump / Super Disc / 1947
T-Bone Walker / Hometown Blues / Capitol [unissued] / Hollywood 12.16.47 / interview from 1961 with T-Bone
José Feliciano / And the Feeling’s Good / Chico and the Man (Main Theme) / RCA / LA 1974
The Gable-Aires / I’m Saved and I Know It! / Move Upstairs / Battle / Chicago 9.26.63

last soulful song
The Manhattans / I’m the One Love Forgot / Carnival / 1965